Friday, September 2, 2011

Dreaming of Dresses

by: Kelsey O'Conor

I love couture runway shows. They are like moving art shows. Traditionally in a runway show, a designer's final dress is a white wedding gown. Although this isn't always the case, and a designer doesn't always show a white wedding gown at the end, I still picture their white dresses as wedding gowns.

Here are some of the white dresses and final gowns from the 2011 Fall Couture runway shows.



Chanel, Giambattista Valli

I love the ruffled sleeves on the Giambattista Valli gown. I don't think there are enough pretty sleeved wedding dresses out there.



Jean-Paul Gaultier, Christian Dior

I love everything about that Jean-Paul Gaultier gown. So beautiful!



Christian Dior

Christian Dior's full ball gowns are absolutely stunning. I also love the stars on the headpiece.

Wouldn't you want to try one of these beautiful creations on for just one second? I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment