Thursday, August 11, 2011

Don't Let Pests Ruin your Outdoor Wedding Festivities!

by: Kelsey O'Conor

This is an important public service announcement:

If you are having an outdoor wedding in the summer. DO NOT FORGET THE CITRONELLA CANDLES. Or bug spray. Or even mosquito nets if you must.




This is my grandpa eating his bug repellant fan at an outdoor party. No bug bites for him!


I was at an outdoor engagement party a month ago and I walked away with so many bug bites, I couldn't even talk about it until now. The party was fun, the food was great, and I got to see friends I hadn't seen in ages, but it could easily have been improved if I hadn't been slapping at my ankles trying to keep the little biting bugs away from me.





1+2 - Crate&Barrel, 3 - Old Time Pottery , 4 - Ace Hardware, 5 - Lowes

Make sure you shop around. There are some really cute citronella candle options. If you don't like any of the decorative ones, you can easily find some simple white citronella tea lights. Place the tea lights into a holder that fits your vision for your table scape.




No need to get these citronella lanterns. Unless you want to make your camping-themed wedding even more authentic.


No comments:

Post a Comment